MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company, a world leader in global container shipping, has joined CMA CGM, in backing French start-up, TRAXENS.
Founded in 2012, TRAXENS has been developing unique solutions for the cargo logistics arena, and has created an innovative container monitoring and coordination system.
With a combined fleet of 4.5 million units these two world leaders transport approximately 25% of the world’s shipping containers.
The agreement sees CMA CGM and MSC invest capital in TRAXENS, with each Group also represented on the Board of Directors.
The deployment of the TRAXENS devices across the fleets of both carriers will be announced in Q4 of this year.
Diego Aponte, President and CEO of MSC, said “We see container monitoring as an important innovation in providing our customers with a high quality of service, while also being able to monitor our outputs accurately.
“We believe that shipping lines should naturally compete on service, but should co-operate in the area of technology and innovation.”
Rodolphe Saadé, Vice-Chairman of CMA CGM added “We recognized the need for more and better data coming from our containers quite a while ago. We are proud to have identified the potential of the TRAXENS solution early on. This is just a part of our global digital strategy”.
Michel Fallah, founder and CEO of TRAXENS concluded “We are of course delighted to have the backing of CMA CGM since 2012 and now of MSC. Our solution was designed from day one to be a global solution for all containers and all companies. This is an encouraging step towards setting a market standard”
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine