Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL) today announced the delivery of the coal carrier NAGARA MARU, which will serve JERA Trading Pte. Ltd., was delivered at Imari Shipyard and Works of Namura Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. on November 17, 2017.
The vessel, which was jointly developed by Namura Shipbuilding and MOL, is a state-of-the-art coal carrier with a wide-beam/shallow-draft configuration and wide range of advanced safety and energy-saving features. The vessel is so-called “Hekinan MAX” which has characteristic 250 meters length to maximize transport volume to the discharging port, Chubu Electric Power’s Hekinan Thermal Power Plant in Aichi, Japan.
MOL has operated the same type of vessel, SHIN YAHAGI MARU, since 2015 and will play a central role in supplying coal to Chubu Electric Power’s Hekinan Thermal Power Plant with operating two “Hekinan MAX” coal carriers.
MOL continually strives to be a worldwide leader in the safe, reliable transportation of natural resources and energy.
Profile of NAGARA MARU
- Length : 249.97 m
- Breadth : 43.00 m
- Depth : 18.70 m
- Maximum Deadweight Tonnage : 91,202MT
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine