Mitsui O.S.K. Lines Ltd (“MOL”) and Reliance Ethane Holding Pte. Ltd. (“REHPL”) a 100% subsidiary of Reliance Industries Ltd(“RIL”) and based in Singapore agreed to co-owning of Six (6)Very Large Ethane Carriers (VLECs) which are currently fully owned by REHPL.
The six VLECs were delivered in 2016-2017 and have been engaged for transportation of Liquefied Ethane from Houston (US Gulf coast) to Reliance facilities at Dahej in West coast of India. MOL has been involved right from the shipbuilding supervision stage at Samsung Heavy Industries yard in Korea and in the operation of the VLECs thereafter. (*4) Prior to this transaction, MOL and RIL have cooperated in the transportation of crude oil on VLCC’s.
After two and a half years of efficient and safe operation of VLEC’s as well, MOL, through this strategic investment, shall now to be a stakeholder in terms of co-owning of the 6VLECs.
It is pertinent to record that MOL is the only Japanese shipping company and the largest VLEC operator in the world. This development is in line with MOL’s philosophy of aiming for Higher Competitiveness in the field in terms of safety and reliable ocean-going transportation and meaningful contribution to the emerging energy transportation scenario.
|Name of Ship||Ethane Crystal||Ethane Emerald||Ethane Opal||Ethane Pearl||Ethane Sapphire||Ethane Topaz|
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships