MOL conducts MMM Family Day events every year to show their appreciation and gratitude to all their seafarers and families. The previous year’s gathering was held in a cinema complex in Manila, and about 2,600 seafarers and their families were invited.
This year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Family Day was conducted online. The families joined from different locations to enjoy planned online contests such as a “Family Vlog Contest” and a “Dance Contest”. They also shared their photographs and celebrated this event.
On the same day of the event, a closing ceremony including a long-service awards presentation was conducted. At the beginning of the ceremony, President Ikeda’s video message was broadcast, and he expressed his appreciation to all Filipino seafarers and their families for their unfaltering loyalty and support.
Afterward, the Director-General of the Safety Operations Headquarters and Managing Executive Officer Masanori Kato recognized the long-serving seafarers by video message, that is Filipino seafarers who had worked for MMM for over 15 years. Kato expressed strongly the importance of the support of all the seafarer’s families in helping them achieve this milestone. In the end, video messages of appreciation of MMM from affiliated companies were broadcast.
Seafarers and their families joined in these Family Day events and shared in the fun and pleasure of the activities. To date, more than 15,000 views have been recorded. Comments by the attendees included the statement: “Seeing these dedicated seafarers stay at MOL for a decade and a half proves the excellent Management of Magsaysay MOL.”
The MOL Group regularly conducts these events not only in the Philippines but also in other home countries of their seafarers. The efforts are intended to build a closer relationship with seafarers, create an inclusive environment for all employees, and to show the company’s appreciation for their contributions to the MOL Group’s success.
*1 Magsaysay MOL Marine, Inc.
Magsaysay MOL Marine, Inc. is a MOL seafarer manning company in Manila. It was jointly established in March 1997 by MOL and its partner in the Philippines, Magsaysay Maritime Corporation.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine