Wave International, the leader in environmental protection filter technology, has developed the DuoCart, a stand-alone, mobile and portable system for fast action when dealing with accidental fuel and oil spills.
Designed specifically for marinas, ports, dockyards, canals, rivers, or any other areas such as from within vessels or contaminated land, such as where rainwater has mixed with diesel, the DuoCart is a robust but lightweight system that can be quickly moved by one person into action at the spillage.
A suction lance is used to suck the polluted water up, which is then passed through the dual Wavestream filter systems removing any pollutants including micro-plastics and returns legally approved standards of filtered clean water back into the waterway or drains.
The DuoCart utilises a particulate pre-filter and a high capacity Wavestream filter, which is manufactured to Lloyds Register Standards and has a flow rate of between 20-50 litres per minute depending on the pump. They are fitted on a manoeuvrable cart, which also contains the suction lance and outlet hoses, and operates either via nearby DC power source or using its own integral battery power.
If fuel, oil or any other form of pollutant occurs, the user can simply wheel the DuoCart to the location and start cleaning up immediately. This avoids the need for other forms of intervention or onshore disposal, and the use of spill response materials which then require disposal. The filters in the DuoCart have a long service life, depending on usage and once saturated, can be easily removed, disposed of appropriately and replaced.
Paul Gullett of Wavestream said: “This product was developed as a result of demand from marina operators and dockyards who have seen and used our proven Wavestream bilge filters systems in vessels. We were asked why we couldn’t create a portable product to deal with accidental spills in the waterways or on land. After some development work, and trials to prove its success, we are now delighted to be launching the DuoCart internationally.”
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships