Marlink has responded to the COVID-19 pandemic by launching ‘StrongerTogether’, comprising a broad range of airtime packages and application solutions to support its customers in the maritime, fishing and offshore industries.
The initiative includes connectivity packages such as additional data top-ups, increased bandwidth and free or discounted voice minutes for ship operators to keep the crew onboard connected with their families as well as solutions to enhance remote IT beyond connectivity during the crisis
Voice and Data Connectivity
To meet the need for cost-efficient bandwidth during the peak of the crisis and also provide crew with voice calling discounts, shipping companies have a choice between different packages. These include:
- Free minutes for crew on all vessels equipped with Sealink VSAT;
- A new crew calling card for Sealink and Marlink FX vessels, offering more than double talk time;
- Short-term bandwidth upgrades on all Sealink packages to cope with the surge of demand for data from crew;
- Free access to Marlink XChange Media service to access news and sports content;
- Free access to a new version of XChange Telemed remote healthcare solution.
IT and Applications
With fewer technicians and IT staff currently able to visit ships and access on-board IT networks, Marlink has enhanced access to its digital solutions to enable shore-based teams to optimise data transfer, monitor on-board IT and remotely access critical operational systems, including:
- XChange Universal Remote Access for essential maintenance with no activation fee or monthly charges until the end of June;
- XChange Cloud Entry to optimise and simplify file transfers, with no service activation fee or monthly charges until the end of June;
- Free access to the new KeepUp@Sea Monitor service to simplify remote monitoring and analysis of onboard IT hardware and software.
“Marlink realises the scale of the challenge that COVID-19 presents for the maritime and energy industries, both for asset operators and their crews,” said Tore Morten Olsen, President, Maritime, Marlink. “For these industries, smooth but flexible connectivity is essential to keep global trade flowing or to maintain efficient production of offshore assets. With our StrongerTogether initiative, we are demonstrating our full commitment to meeting our customers’ need for more bandwidth and to supporting the well-being of their crews during these challenging times.”
Shipping News You Would Like:
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Latest Shipping News You Would Like:
Get the Latest Maritime News Delivered to Your Inbox!
Our free, fast, and fun newsletter on the global maritime industry, delivered everyday.