Maersk Tankers has on behalf of Maersk Product Tankers entered an agreement for the sale of six new Long-Range 2 (LR2) product tankers in an en-bloc transaction.
The transaction happens in line with Maersk Product Tankers’ asset strategy of continually adjusting the fleet size and composition to generate financial returns for investors and keeping exposure in line with market developments.
“We are pleased to realise this opportunity for Maersk Product Tankers and be able to respond to the buyer’s demand for new and high-quality tonnage. The transaction has been made possible due to our team’s vast market insight, expertise and relationships, which we will continue to utilise to pursue further asset opportunities for investors,” says Claus Gronborg, Chief Investment Officer at Maersk Tankers.
One of the vessels is built in 2020 while the remaining five are or will be built in 2021. All vessels are built at Dalian shipyard in China.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine