Maersk Drilling has been awarded contract extensions for the high-efficiency jack-up rigs Maersk Resolute and Maersk Resolve by Petrogas E&P Netherlands B.V. and Wintershall Noordzee B.V., respectively. The extensions allow the two rigs to continue their high-performance operations in the North Sea.
Maersk Resolute has been awarded a 56-day contract extension by Petrogas E&P Netherlands B.V., continuing its work in the Dutch Sector of the North Sea where it has drilled multiple wells since commencing operations in June 2017. During the campaign, Maersk Resolute has drilled the shallowest horizontal gas well in the A&B area, something Petrogas has noted as a great achievement while also praising the high operational standard of Maersk Resolute. The extension brings the contract with Petrogas to a total of 106 days.
Maersk Resolve has been awarded a 21-day minimum contract extension by Wintershall Noordzee B.V., continuing its operation in an ongoing North Sea drilling campaign. This fourth contract extension covers work at the Ravn field in the Danish North Sea and brings the duration of the contract with Wintershall Noordzee to a total of 380 days since operations commenced at the end of June 2017. This means the contract will have covered work scopes for Wintershall Noordzee in both the UK, the Netherlands and Denmark with the same rig.
“It is very rewarding to be able to successfully reactivate our rigs from warm stack in order to support our customers’ business by delivering safe and smart drilling operations, deploying rigs and crews with extensive experience in North Sea operations. We are especially pleased at the positive feedback our services have received from Wintershall Noordzee B.V., since this was a new customer relationship”, says Morten Kelstrup, CCIO of Maersk Drilling.
Maersk Resolute and Maersk Resolve were warm-stacked in the port of Esbjerg, Denmark before being reactivated in 2017 to commence operations in the North Sea. The rigs were delivered on time to the customer and have both had a rig uptime above 98% since commencing work.
Press Release: maerskdrilling.com
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine