Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, Ltd. (“K” Line) and Tokyo Century Corporation held the naming ceremony for the newly-built liquefied natural gas (LNG) carrier (*1) for JERA Co., Inc. (JERA) at Sakaide Shipyard of Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. (KHI), on 7th August 2018.
The new vessel was given her name “ENSHU MARU” by Chairman of the Board of Directors Mr. Akihisa Mizuno of Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc. “ENSHU MARU” comes from the name of an old district in western Shizuoka Prefecture named “Tohtoumi” which is part of the service area of Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc.
Under the operation of LNG Marine Transport Ltd., “ENSHU MARU” will mainly serve the transportation route between Freeport LNG project in the United States and Japan after delivery and is expected to contribute to the stable transportation of energy for Japan.
(*1) Joint venture company with shares owned by “K” Line and Tokyo Century.
(*2) Boil-Off Rate (BOR): Ratio of natural vaporized gas against maximum tank capacity to indicate the capability of tank heat-insulation system.
(*3) Reheat Turbine Plant: Next-generation LNG carrier propulsion plant of high thermal efficiency and high reliability, incorporating the most advanced materials and control technologies including improvements in steam conditions to raise the thermal efficiency.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine