Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, Ltd. (“K” LINE) has signed a long-term consecutive voyage charter with JFE Steel Corporation regarding the upcoming new built Capesize bulk carrier (210,000 DWT) fueled by liquified natural gas (LNG)
The construction of our first LNG-fueled bulk carrier will be ordered to NIHON SHIPYARD CO., LTD. and the vessel is scheduled to be delivered in 1st half of 2024.
The vessel is called a “next-generation vessel” coping with environmental issues. It will reduce the emissions of CO2, by 25 to 30 %, SOx by almost 100%, and NOx by around 85% with the use of LNG instead of conventional heavy fuel oil.
Moreover, the vessel reaches more than 40% of CO2 emission reduction in the Energy Efficiency Design Index (EEDI) which fully aligns with the reduction target of the International Maritime Organization (IMO). *1 “K” LINE will also install “Seawing”*2, an automated kite system utilizing wind power supplied by Airseas, to increase the effects of decarbonization.
“K” LINE has been promoting a corporative policy of “sustainable management” in terms of environment, society, and economy to satisfy global needs concerning climate change and SDGs continuously now and future. The introduction of the next-generation vessel is one of the projects within this sustainable management approach. It will be a significant step for us to stimulate the well-being of society as an integrated logistics company.
With “K” LINE Environmental Vision 2050*3, “K” LINE will flexibly and proactively listen to customer demands including environmental issues and find the best solution to contribute to the sustainable development of the society.
Outline of the Vessel
- Dimension: approx. LOA 299.99 meters x Breadth 50.00 meters x Depth 25.00 meters x Draft 18.40meters
- D/W：approx.210,000 tons
- G/T: approx.110,800
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships