Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, Ltd. (“K” Line) is pleased to announce the signing of a long-term Time Charter contract of 12 years plus 12 years(Extension Option) from 2022, which have been concluded with PETRONAS LNG Ltd., a subsidiary of Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS).
“K” Line has also executed Shipbuilding contracts for 79,960m3 LNG carriers with Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding (Group) Co., Ltd. (Hudong).
These are the first long-term Time Charter contracts between PETRONAS and “K” Line with new-building vessels. These two vessels will be equipped with X-DF(※) engine.
PETRONAS, a fully integrated oil and gas company and also a global LNG producer with over 35 years of experience, provides an uninterrupted supply of LNG to more than 25 countries around the world. PETRONAS is also the first global energy player to introduce the floating LNG concept in 2016. These two newbuilding vessels will engage in the transportation of LNG from Malaysia (Bintulu) to Shenergy (Group) Co., Ltd., China, from 2022.
Since the delivery of S.S. “Bishu Maru” in 1983, the first LNG carrier owned by any Japanese shipping company, “K” Line has been establishing safety/expertise on LNG transportation and developing its worldwide network over the past 37 years. “K” Line will further expand stable earning structure from a long-term contract and contribute to a stable supply of energy.
(※)X-DF engine is a dual-fuel engine that uses gas admitted at low pressure.
Main Particulars of the Vessel〕
- Shipyard: Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Delivery: The second quarter of 2022
- LOA: About 239m
- Beam: 36.6m
- Tank Type Membrane: Tank Capacity 79,960m3
- Propulsion System: X-DF (dual fuel engine which uses gas admitted at low pressure)
- Speed: 17.5knt
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine