As one of the most important sea routes “Suez Canal” got blocked because of the grounding of MV EVER GIVEN, the online world has been bustling with the news and repercussions the jam has created.
As of Thursday, March 25, project44’s tracking showed 47 container vessels representing 540,716 TEUs vessel capacity currently impacted, a 42.5 per cent increase over the 379,200 TEUs reported yesterday. Moreover, according to the reports, it might take a week’s time to free the container ship.
While this is a very serious crisis, it didn’t stop netizens from flooding the social media platforms with memes and jokes.
Here we go with some amazing ones from Twitter:
An ambitious plan to free the boat is to push a huge cotton swab up the canal
My ambitious plan to free the boat is to push a huge cotton swab up the canal pic.twitter.com/ZnY4ehu8fx
— Karl Sharro (@KarlreMarks) March 25, 2021
Any pokemon fans here?
the boat is stuck in the suez canal like pic.twitter.com/1OWQ9BmETJ
— Out of Context Pokemon (@OoCPokemon) March 26, 2021
One huge ship is enough
good morning to the Suez Canel boat only pic.twitter.com/JAFbcSQOfN
— Rachel ✨ (@vviolet55) March 24, 2021
Should your ship Wikipedia link turn blue?
Unfortunately, no one told Mærsk? pic.twitter.com/Ik1Qvrluw8
— Sans Incisor (@SansIncisor) March 26, 2021
Cat didn’t work, time for a dog
— Bernie Blackburn (@bernieblac) March 25, 2021
Uh yeah, about that…
— Peace to Jews and Arabs 🇦🇪🇮🇱🇧🇭🕊️ (@UAE_YOT2019) March 25, 2021
Treat for pirates?
Ships: coming around the cape of good hope
— Panch0V (@Panch0V) March 25, 2021
Not a solution, but just for fun
we should flood the suez canal with giant rubber ducks. it won’t help at all, I just like the idea of it pic.twitter.com/ug2YNZZkfR
— visa is almost done with @introspectVV (@visakanv) March 26, 2021
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine