On the occasion of the 2016 International Women’s day, CMA CGM reaffirms its commitment to promote professional equality, in France and across the 160 countries where the Group is present.
This commitment has been implemented through the following actions:
This commitment is implemented through:
- At CMA CGM, women represent 42% of the worldwide staff and 46% of the Marseilles Head Office. A progressive position in an industry generally seen as “masculine”.
- Promotion is based on merit and skills. In 2015, many women were promoted to key positions within the Group thanks to their talent.
- CMA CGM launched a specific female mentoring program.
The Group’s training policy
- The CMA CGM Academy, our Group’s in-house university, offers training to develop women’s skills but also to highlight their experiences.
- The Group’s contribution to promote a healthy work-life balance
- As an example, since 2014, CMA CGM has arranged external crèche facilities across Marseilles for Head Office staff. The creation of an all-female network within the Group “Women @ CMA CGM”
- CMA CGM regularly organizes conferences and themed lunches for women. Influential personalities attend these events creating a bond for the Group’s women.
Tanya Saadé Zeenny, CMA CGM Executive Officer said “Promotion and professional equality must lie at the heart of companies’ strategy. In the short term, I truly think it is essential to reduce inequalities that persist today – it is our duty as business leaders – and I deeply believe that companies would gain efficiency by developing equality in the workplace.”