Intelsat, operator of the world’s largest integrated satellite and terrestrial network and leading provider of inflight connectivity (IFC), today announced there are now more than 10,000 vessels operating on its award-winning FlexMaritime service.
As the world’s leading provider of broadband connectivity to maritime passengers and crew, Intelsat has added more than 2,000 terminals since Nov. 2021 in key maritime markets including merchant shipping, fishing, leisure and offshore energy.
Launched in 2017, FlexMaritime is powered by a global, multi-layered, high-throughput satellite (HTS) network capable of delivering unrivaled density in bandwidth and extremely high levels of service flexibility and reliability. It is distributed by Intelsat’s highly experienced and capable solutions partners who combine the scale and power of the network with their customized service plans and specialized value-added services. Vessel owners benefit by leveraging next-generation shipboard technologies, smart shipping, and other in-demand maritime connectivity applications including remote monitoring and performance diagnostics, video streaming, real-time software upgrades, and essential, always-available connectivity for crew members.
“Intelsat is proud to enable our partners and their customers’ success through our enterprise-grade communications network that supports the next-gen solutions and services the maritime industry needs both at the port and at sea,” said Intelsat’s Senior Vice President of Mobility Mark Rasmussen. “Our growth in this sector is a testament to the power of FlexMaritime and our global network, as well as to Intelsat’s continuous innovation, including a committed launch plan for a next-gen software-defined network.”
As a customizable, wholesale Mbps managed service, FlexMaritime has made high-speed connectivity simple. Complexity in network configuration, management, and bandwidth availability is removed, and service levels are maintained at the highest standards.
Vessels interested in FlexMaritime services can choose from more than 30 qualified antennas of various sizes, including 1m, 60cm, and the ultra-compact 37cm and 45cm terminals which are widely used in fishing and leisure markets. All antennas connect easily and seamlessly to Intelsat’s fully integrated satellite and terrestrial network.
FlexMaritime is delivered to end customers exclusively through Intelsat’s network of diverse solutions partners.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine