On 1st August, 2016, the European Commission adopted a decision granting recognition to the Indian Register of Shipping (IRS) in accordance with Regulation (EC) No. 391/2009 of the European Parliament.
The Deputy Director General MOVE, Mr. Fotis Karamitsos in a letter dated 5th August, 2016 conveyed this decision and has extended his compliments to the Indian Register of Shipping.
With this, IRClass joins the elite group of classification societies recognized by the EU.
This recognition confirms IRClass meeting the stringent EU requirements and having a “performant and well-established quality system in place, certified as compliant with relevant statutory and industry standards, currently implemented throughout the organisation.”
The approval paves the way for IRClass to now access the very important European market.
IRClass Executive Chairman Arun Sharma said today:” This is a significant step for IRClass in its long term goal of becoming one of the world’s leading global classification societies.
I would like to thank all my colleagues and staff at the Indian Register who have worked hard towards this achievement.”
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine