The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the Mundra LNG terminal, the Anjar-Mundra Pipeline Project and the Palanpur-Pali-Barmer pipeline project, at Anjar. Speaking on the occasion, the Prime Minister said that the affection he receives in Kutch is unparalleled. He appreciated the development work that has happened in the Kutch region over the last 20 years.
He said that the inauguration of the LNG terminal is the highlight of today’s programme. I am fortunate to have inaugurated three LNG terminals, he added.
Shri Narendra Modi said that when Gujarat got its first LNG terminal, people were surprised. Now, the State is poised to make a fourth LNG terminal, he added.
Gujarat is emerging as an LNG hub of India, the Prime Minister said, adding that this should make every Gujarati proud. Asserting that a strong energy sector is needed for the growth of any country, the Prime Minister said that we cannot alleviate poverty if we are energy poor.
The Prime Minister said that the aspirations of people are rising, and they want i-ways, gas grids, water grids, and optical fibre networks in addition to conventional infrastructure.
The Prime Minister said that there are ample opportunities in the tourism sector, and the world is keen to come to India. We have seen in Kutch too, how the White Rann has become the cynosure of all eyes from across the world, he added. He spoke of the steps taken by the Union Government to make the aviation sector more affordable and improve connectivity.
The Prime Minister also spoke of the efforts made to ensure that all villages are electrified, and the work being done towards electrifying every single household in India. We want to bring qualitative changes in the lives of the common citizen of India, he added.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine