The President of Portugal H.E. Mr. Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, is currently on a four-day State visit to India. In the presence of Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi, President of Portugal H.E.Mr Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, Minister of National Defense of Portugal and Minister of State for Shipping(I/C)and Chemical and Fertilizer, Shri Mansukh Mandaviya, signed an MoU to develop a world-class National Maritime Heritage Complex at Lothal, Gujarat with the cooperation from the Republic of Portugal.
The MoU on National Maritime Heritage Complex, Lothal will pay the way for cooperation between the two countries for showcasing common Maritime Heritage.
NMHC will consolidate all diverse and rich artifacts from ancient to modern times. It will provide access to the public and make them aware of India’s rich Maritime Heritage.
Cooperation Agreement signed between India and Portugal in the field of Maritime Transport and Ports.
With entering the Agreement with the Republic of Portugal , it will open avenues for cooperation to promote Maritime Transport between the two countries for better operation of their merchant fleets, cooperation to harmonize and unified their position with International Organization Institution, forums and conferences related to Maritime and Port activities.
It will also help both the countries to coordinate accession to international conventions so that the objectives of this Agreement can be strengthened.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships