Incat Crowther is pleased to announce that Majestic Ferries’ Incat Crowther-designed fleet continues to grow with the delivery of Majestic Dream,the first of a new class of fuel-efficient 39m HSC compliant passenger vessels.
Majestic Ferries operates vessels between Singapore and Batam in a competitive marketplace. The operator worked with Incat Crowther to develop a cost-effective vessel that offers comfort, performance and fuel consumption superior to that of the competition. This process saw the construction of a trio of 33m vessels; Majestic 7, Majestic 8 and Majestic 9.
Since introducing the catamaran service, Majestic Ferries has grown its market share, validating the development effort, and triggering the commissioning of additional vessels to a larger design.
Majestic Dream is the first of these higher capacity vessels. With an extra 1.5m beam and 6m more length, Majestic Dream increases passenger capacity to 317. In a similar configuration to the 33m vessels, Majestic Dream features toilets aft and midship boarding doors and adjacent luggage storage, with all passengers on a single deck. Majestic Dream also adds a pair of VIP rooms featuring private accommodation in larger seats.
Fitted with larger MTU 16V2000 M72 main engines, Majestic Dream achieved a loaded speed 32 knots on trials and cruises at speed of 28 knots at less than 85% MCR. The vessel is fully compliant with the HCS Code.
Majestic Dream will be joined by a sister ship later in 2017, with further vessels under construction.
About The Vessel:
- Design No: IC15138
- Vessel Name: Majestic Dream
- Platform: Catamaran
- Length Overall: 39m
- Length Waterline: 38.7m
- Beam: 10.0m
- Draft Hull: 1.16m
- Draft Max: 2.03m
- Depth: 3.25m
- Passengers: 317
- Crew: 8
- Fuel: 7 000 litres
- Fresh Water: 2 000 litres
- Sullage: 1 000 litres
- Service Speed: 28 knots
- Maximum Speed: 32 knots
- Main Engines: 2 x MTU 16V2000 M72
- Installed Power: 2 x 1440kW @ 2250rpm
- Propulsion: 2 x Propellers
- Generators: 2 x Cat C4.4 ACERT 99kW 50Hz
- Construction Material: Marine grde Aluminium
- Flag: Singapore
- Class: BV 1 + Hull + Mach Passenger Vessel Coastal Waters
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships