Due to the conflict between Russia and Ukraine the Shipping companies are facing the following issues:-
- Shipping activities in the northern black sea are closed
- Insurance cover has been withdrawn by the P&I.
- Containers bound for Ukraine and Russia are lying at different transhipment ports.
- Payment affected due to blockage of SWIFT in Russia.
- Congestion at neighbouring ports and transhipment ports.
- Trade to Russia and CIS countries has been affected and Shipping lines are not accepting goods from Russian ports.
The following steps have been taken to protect the Indian shipping companies from the adverse impact of this crisis:-
- Meetings are taken at regular intervals with all stakeholders to review the situation.
- Shipping lines have been requested to explore alternative routes for Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) / Russian cargo.
- EXIM Traders were informed that M/s ONE Shipping is carrying containers to Vladivostok.
This information was given by the Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways, Shri Sarbananda Sonowal in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Marine Insight News Network is a premier source for up-to-date, comprehensive, and insightful coverage of the maritime industry. Dedicated to offering the latest news, trends, and analyses in shipping, marine technology, regulations, and global maritime affairs, Marine Insight News Network prides itself on delivering accurate, engaging, and relevant information.
Latest Shipping News You Would Like:
Get the Latest Maritime News Delivered to Your Inbox!
Our free, fast, and fun newsletter on the global maritime industry, delivered everyday.