Idemitsu and NYK Group Agree on Partnership to Enhance Boiler Combustion
Fluctuations in fuel supply often cause boilers used in power plants and factories to operate in an unstable manner. ULTY is a system that can optimize the combustion control of boilers and resultantly reduce fuel consumption through stable plant operation. Until now, the marketing of ULTY had been managed by NYK Trading, and the main targets had mostly been customers in Japan. Considering the surge in the construction of new coal fired power plants in Asian countries, NYK Trading and NYK Line have agreed to team with Idemitsu, which engages in the coal sales and the introduction of high efficiency combustion technique, to jointly develop a new model of ULTY by adding to the current model a highly efficiency combustion technique that makes use of IoT technologies.
COP21 was held in Paris in November and December of last year, resulting in greater environmental consciousness around the world as more efficient use of fossil fuels is demanded. ULTY is an energy-saving technology that meets the needs of our times. By promoting energy-savings through the introduction of ULTY in coal fired power plants, we will contribute to the prevention of global warming and the realization of a sustainable society.
Outline Of ULTY
- Optimization system for coal boilers
- Target facility: Drum Type Boiler, Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler
- Target Fuels: Coal Fired, Coal/Biomass Fired, Coal/Byproduct fuel Fired,
- Heavy oil/By product fuel Fired
- Installed Record: Around 50 to mainly customers in Japan (as of 7, Nov, 2016)
- Fuel Reduction Ratio: Around 1.0% (as of Nov. 7, 2016)