KSOE is building the underwater noise minimized vessel and implementing the ESG management by preserving marine ecosystem. KSOE announced that HSHI, one of their affiliate shipbuilding companies, successfully delivered a 115,000 DWT product carrier on March 31, 2021 obtained the Silent E-Notation from DNV.
Underwater noise-related certificate has been applied normally on passenger ships and this is the first time that a cargo ship has obtained this certificate. Underwater noise is mainly generated by ocean-going ships and has been considered one of the main harmful sources of marine pollution caused by ships together with exhaust gases and contaminated water.
In particular, the noise generated by the ship’s propeller has been pointed out as the most serious cause of disturbance in the marine ecosystem.
Recently, underwater noise issue has become more serious due to the recent large scale of ships and the International Maritime Organization (IMO) is under discussion to establish a practical and reasonable regulation.
KSOE has receiving many newbuilding inquiries from shipowners about eco-friendly and low-noise ships because, Canada, USA and EU is considering the new underwater noised-related regulations to protect the marine environment.
KSOE has been developing the underwater noise monitoring and reduction technologies to protect the marine environment with the KRISO and the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy.
KSOE said, “This notation is meaningful that we have successfully developed and applied the new technology on the ship for preserving marine ecosystem”.
Meanwhile, KSOE is leading the eco-friendly shipbuilding markets focusing its capabilities on research and development of future technologies such as ammonia propulsion, smart electric propulsion and hydrogen fuel cell propulsion systems.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine