Hong Kong holidaymakers can soon pack their bags for the ultimate adventure on board Royal Caribbean’s Spectrum of the Seas, Asia’s largest, newest and most innovative ship, for spectacular 2- to 4-night Ocean Getaways starting Oct 5, 2021. Guests will enjoy world-class international dining, next-generation entertainment and state-of-the-art amenities when spending their first holiday out of Hong Kong. The sailings will be available exclusively to residents of Hong Kong and are now open for booking.
“We are excited to get back to delivering memorable vacations in Hong Kong,” says Bert Hernandez, president, Greater China, Royal Caribbean International. “Our strong partnership and collaboration with local governments and key stakeholders around the globe has clearly allowed cruising to become one of the safest vacation options in the world. We look forward to welcoming back the region’s premier ship, Spectrum of the Seas, to Hong Kong.”
In conjunction with Hong Kong’s health and tourism authorities, the cruises will be available to all Hong Kong residents. Guests above the age of 16 must be fully vaccinated and starting October 15, guests above the age of 12 must be fully vaccinated. All adults and children must also present a negative COVID-19 PCR test prior to boarding. Further information on health and safety measures is accessible from the Hong Kong Government.
The vaccine requirement is one of the many layers of measures that safeguard the well-being of our guests and crew. These measures are part of the cruise line’s Royal Promise commitment and also includes our fully vaccinated crew, the robust onboard ventilation system, enhanced cleaning and sanitization. Royal Caribbean will continue to evaluate and update its measures as circumstances evolve with various government and health authorities.
“Cruising is a popular holiday vacation choice for Hong Kong residents, and we at Royal Caribbean are delighted to welcome the Government’s plan to re-open the world-class Kai Tak Cruise Terminal and offer an exciting and safe option for the people of Hong Kong on Spectrum of the Seas,” says Crystal Campbell, Managing Director, Royal Caribbean International, Hong Kong.
“The demand of travel from travelers is expected to be very strong and we are very excited to have cruise holiday back with us for both trade and tourists given the current travel restrictions, which will be definitely a truly fun-filled yet safe holiday experience while the Cruise industry is getting resumed soon.” said Jason Wong, Chairman of Travel Industry Council of Hong Kong.
Experiences on Asia’s largest ship – Spectrum of the Seas
Spectrum of the Seas offers the perfect combination of high-tech thrills and chills, providing adventure-loving guests a wealth of onboard features:
- One-of-a-kind experiences come to life for guests in cutting-edge and transformative venues, such as Two70. Boasting stunning 270-degree sea views by day, and transforming into a multi-dimensional theater by night, this transformative space flaunts six agile Roboscreens, breathtaking live performers and mind bending aerialists creating unimaginable visuals. Meanwhile Seaplex, the largest indoor active space at sea, features bumper cars, roller skating, basketball, and more; and in the Bionic Bar, robotic bartenders serve up bespoke cocktails.
- Spectrum of the Seas is the first cruise ship in Asia to feature the Sky Pad; a virtual reality, bungee trampoline experience where guests strap in and don a virtual reality headset to transport themselves to another time and planet.
- The adventures continue with a bold lineup of only-on-Royal activities, including the North Star, a jewel-shaped capsule which gently ascends 300 feet above the deck, delivering incomparable 360-degree ocean views; the FlowRider surf simulator; and RipCord® by iFLY, the first skydiving experience at sea.
- Award-winning Broadway style performances and special guests take to the stage each night in the Royal Theater.
- Other world class amenities include the Vitality Spa, Fitness Centre, Splashaway Bay water park Adventure Ocean kids program and many more.
- After a full day of exciting activities, guests can look forward to spacious and family-friendly staterooms. Spectrum boasts an array of staterooms, from exterior balcony staterooms to family-friendly interconnected rooms to the signature two-level Ultimate Family Suite; featuring an in-room slide and recreation room complete with karaoke and video games.
- The first Quantum Ultra ship also features Royal Caribbean’s first and exclusive suites-only area, which feature the exquisite Star, Sky and Sea suite accommodations in a private enclave, supremely positioned at the forward end of the ship. Guests booked in these luxury suites will have special keycard access, a private elevator and a dedicated restaurant and lounge.
- Fine dining is always one of the most enjoyable pleasures of any cruise with Royal Caribbean and Spectrum of the Seas features 19 dining options serving up flavors from around the world, ranging from imaginative cuisine at Wonderland by Dadong, top notched aged beef at Chops Grille and authentic rustic fare and handmade pasta at Jamie’s Italian. Sichuan Red is a new specialty dining experience tailored just for Spectrum of the Seas, where diners can savour a bold tapestry of authentic spices and Sichuan flavours.
Reference: Royal Caribbean | Video Credits: JK Drone and Ships – YouTube
Marine Insight does not own the rights of the video.