HMM unveiled its land-based ‘Fleet Control Centre’ located at the HMM R&D facilities in Busan, South Korea. This center has been newly designed to effectively monitor and control the operation of HMM’s modern fleet including twelve 24,000 TEU and eight 16,000 TEU container vessels.
HMM has completed the delivery of its twelve 24,000 TEU containerships in September 2020, while eight 16,000 TEU vessels will be included in its fleet in the second quarter of 2021. All twenty ships feature the latest smart ship solutions.
The newly-launched Fleet Control Centre provides an integrated platform for vessel-to-shore data and increased connectivity. Its real-time monitoring system offers plenty of information with full visibility including vessel performance, locations, fuel consumption, ocean weather and cargo information etc. The vessels also can benefit from a remote control system that supports a wide range of vessel operations including inspection and repair works on the machinery on ships.
In addition, each vessel is encouraged to identify and react to an unexpected threat or obstacle both on board and around the ship by sharing information with the Fleet Control Centre in a timely manner.
HMM will continue to analyze the operational efficiency and explore the commercial viability of autonomous ships based on big data collected from the center.
Jae-hoon Bae, President & CEO of HMM, said, “Digital capabilities have become a key element in securing a competitive edge. We will accelerate efforts to enhance operational excellence and efficiency in our fleet management.” and that, “We will also gradually apply the smart ship solutions not only to our newbuilds but also to the other ships already in operation.”
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships