Global, sector-focused law firm HFW has helped shipping association BIMCO draft an industry standard offshore decommissioning contact.
The contract – DISMANTLECON – has been approved by BIMCO’s Documentary Committee and will be released at the end of June, along with guidance notes.
It can be used for removal of any offshore field architecture, including pipelines, mattresses, manifolds, jackets, topsides, platforms and monopole structures.
HFW is the only law firm on BIMCO’s drafting sub-committee for this contract. Its team is led by global shipping head Paul Dean and partner Tom Walters.
The firm also recently helped BIMCO draft its first cybersecurity clause and two clauses relating to the International Maritime Organization’s 2020 sulphur emission rules.
Paul Dean, Global Head of Shipping, HFW:
“We are very pleased to continue to support BIMCO in drafting clauses and contracts covering the full lifecycle of ship-related operation and activity.”
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine