Goltens has been awarded a contract for the engineering and retrofit installation of OceanSaver ballast water treatment (BWT) systems on-board two of BP Shipping’s gas carriers. The vessels to be retrofitted are the two 138,000 cbm LNG vessels British Innovator and British Merchant.
Goltens will undertake the engineering and prefabrication work in 2017 and then complete the installation services in 2018. “We look forward to working closely with BP and applying our well-proven process to the retrofit of these two gas carriers in the most efficient manner” says Roy Strand, Chief Operating Officer of Goltens Worldwide.
Goltens has centres of excellence in Oslo, Miami, Dubai, Singapore, Shanghai, Busan and Groningen in the Netherlands, where the Green Technologies division is headquartered. Goltens provides clients with comprehensive support for their BWT retrofit projects, including 3D laser scanning and design engineering, system evaluation and comparisons, total engineering packages; including bill of materials, 3D shipyard installation drawings and instructions and Marine Class Submittals, as well as full turnkey installations.
Goltens is the market leader for ballast water retrofit projects having been involved in more than 240 projects covering a broad range of vessel types and all of the major system manufacturers.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Captain Falls Overboard From Bulk Carrier, Survived 3 Days By Clinging To Wood
- Two Tanker Ships Carrying Palm Oil Seized By Indonesian Navy
- Filipino Seaman Pleads Guilty In Crew Member’s Murder On LA-Bound Cargo Vessel
- Ship Owner And Operator Plead Guilty To Environmental And Safety Crimes; Fined $1 Million Each