The 45,000 m3 LNG vessel for Saga LNG shipping, built at China Merchants Heavy Industry, is getting more and more finalized. It has a patented LNG tank system named LNT A-BOX, developed by LNG New Technologies.
This new type A tank is offering cost effective design and easy fabrication enabling new yards to enter the LNG sector. The tank configuration gives an excellent volume utilization and providing an efficient hull form and ensures almost a closed flat deck area.
The vessel has a deadweight at design draught of 24 500 tonnes/ 29 500 tonnes at freeboard draught and is designed for low fuel consumption & high cargo capacity. It has a four stroke dual fuel engine and auxiliary engines able to use natural gas.
The vessel concept is named LNT 45 and was developed by FKAB together with LNT New Technologies. FKAB has been involved both in the project to design the LNG tanks and the Basic Design of the vessel. Through FKAB’s offices in Sweden and China, FKAB has delivered both Basic Design & Extended Basic Design to the shipyard.
This is the first vessel of its kind and will soon be ready for sea trial and delivery.
Press Release: fkab.com
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine