The first-ever luxury cruise line from the State departed from Chennai Port after the chief minister unveiled The Empress, the premium Indian cruise on Saturday.
Operated by Cordelia Cruises, The Empress set sail from the Chennai Port. The vessel embarked on its journey with 1,800 guests and 600 crew members. It’d be an additional attraction for those in Chennai.
The cruise operator has declared the east coast route that covers Puducherry, besides the package rate for a two-night trip.
The two-night and three-day package costs about Rs 40,000 and a five-day trip to Puducherry costs about Rs 90,000. It could go up to Rs 1.5 lakh, mentioned a Cordelia Cruise employee.
The Empress boasts 11 decks with 796 cabins, multiple food pavilions, a swimming pool, dive-in theatre, and marquee theatre. M Mathiventhan, the Tourism Minister, and B Chandra Mohan, Tourism department secretary participated in the inaugural function.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine