ENEOS Corporation(hereinafter, “ENEOS”), and Marubeni Corporation (hereinafter, “Marubeni”) announce that ENEOS and Marubeni have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the introduction of an environmental-friendly ethylene carrier (vessel) for ethylene delivery.
ENEOS as a producer of ethylene, and Marubeni as a sales and logistics provider, have supplied ethylene to customers over a long time frame. The parties have jointly considered carbon neutralization in the ethylene supply chain in the MoU, and as a first step, ENEOS and Marubeni have decided to use a brand new environmental friendly ethylene carrier, which will be chartered by Marubeni over the long term, for ethylene delivery commencing in 2024.
The vessel will be the first ethylene carrier equipped with a dual-fuel engine (liquified natural gas/very low sulfur fuel oil) built for ethylene export from Japan, which can reduce emissions of carbon dioxide by roughly 40% compared to conventional ethylene carriers.
ENEOS and Marubeni intend to further develop carbon neutralization in the ethylene supply chain in order to meet customer needs for low carbon and decarbonization.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships