MSC “Seaside”, the first of two next generation mega cruise ships built by Fincantieri for MSC Cruises, the world’s largest privately-owned cruise line and market leader in Europe, South America and South Africa, was delivered today at the Monfalcone shipyard.
The new ship will be officially presented today during a ceremony at the presence, among others, of the President of the Italian Republic, Sergio Mattarella, other authorities and the top management of the two companies.
MSC “Seaside” is the largest ship so far built in Italy. At 323 meters long, with a GRT of 154.000 tons, the new unit has a capacity of carrying 5.179 guests on board.
MSC “Seaside” and its sister ship MSC “Seaview”, due to delivery in spring 2018, set new standards for eco-friendliness. Moreover, the ship is fully compliant with the Safe Return to Port requirement.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine