EMAR Offshore Services, a Netherlands-based dedicated maritime service company, has placed an order for a Damen ASD Tug 2811. This stock vessel will be named E-TWO and delivered to the client in the first quarter of 2019 . An additional FiFi1 system and aft winch will be installed.
The ASD Tug 2811 is one of Damen’s ‘next-generation’ harbour tugs, announced in 2018. An upgraded version of the best-selling ASD Tug 2810, it has been further optimised for the decade ahead with features that include full compliance with the new stability regulations, a modular marine NOx reduction system and the Damen Digital Platform to maximise performance and reliability. These plus 60- tonnes of bollard pull and superb manoeuvrability mean that it is capable of taking on almost any ship-handling operation in even restricted waterways. E-TWO will be the second ASD Tug 2811 to be delivered so far.
EMAR Offshore Services is established in 2010 only but today it operates all over the world, with a current focus on the regions Caribbean, South America, West Africa, Middle East and Russia. EMAR supports the oil & gas, construction and mining companies with their need for knowledge and equipment. Its own fleet consists of six tugs, of which five have been built by Damen.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships