Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co., Ltd has successfully applied PRS / Partial Re-liquefaction System and FRS / Full Re-liquefaction System to ships and occupied a unique position in this technology sector.
Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (CEO Jung Sung-lip) announced that it has launched the world’s first LNG carriers using a full re-liquefaction system that completely re-liquefies the evaporative gas generated from LNG carriers.
The natural gas re-liquefaction system is a technology that re-liquifies natural gas which naturally vaporizes in the cargo hold during the operation of the LNG carrier and puts it back into the cargo hold.
Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering has delivered the world’s first LNG cargo ship with partial liquefaction system in 2016, and succeeded in successfully delivering the LNG cargo ship using the complete liquefaction system.
Through this, we have an advantage over the order before. In fact, nine LNG carriers ordered by DSME this year will all be equipped with a complete re-liquefaction system, and ship owners are expected to reduce operating costs by about 8 Billion annually.
As a result, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering has successfully delivered the high-pressure engine (ME-GI) and fully refuelled ships, and ships with fully refuelling systems for low-pressure engines (X-DF) The world’s first refuelling system has been applied to both low-pressure engines as well as high-pressure engines.
“We have been intensive research and development since the early 2000s, and now we have the overwhelming LNG-related technology through the Energy System Experiment Center, which we built in 2015,” said Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering. Leaders and McAfee will soon be applied to real projects. ”
Meanwhile, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering currently owns the largest number of 41 LNG carriers in the world, with 9 orders this year, the largest number in the world. End.
Press Release: dsme.co.kr
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine