DNV, the world’s leading classification society, has launched Compliance Planner – a new digital tool that enables DNV customers to easily track the requirements and deadlines of legislation for both individual vessels and entire fleets.
As both the number and complexity of international shipping regulations continues to grow, navigating the timelines and requirements has become an increasing burden on ship owners and operators. Compliance Planner presents a full overview of the requirements facing any vessel, or fleet, the requirements already met, those still to be fulfilled, and a tailored list of actions to ensure compliance.
“We have been focused for many years now on realising the opportunities digitalisation creates for our customers, enabling them to streamline their interactions with both class and regulators,” said Knut Ørbeck-Nilssen, CEO of DNV Maritime. “With Compliance Planner, we are now able to offer our customers a comprehensive and simple tool that can keep them not only in compliance, but ahead of the regulatory curve. This is another significant advance in our digital journey towards making the assurance process as forward-looking and frictionless as possible.”
After logging into the tool, Compliance Planner presents all of the upcoming statutory requirements based on the vessels in Veracity – Fleet Status. The results are filtered to match the vessels within a customer’s fleet and broken down into mandatory and optional requirements. It also offers an accessible information resource that will help customers familiarise themselves with new regulations.
“This is the first time that a classification society has put together this information in a way that is simple, accessible, and automatically shows an owner or operator which regulations are affecting their fleet and when,” said Georgios Kasimatis, Director of Regulatory Affairs at DNV Maritime. “Just by clicking on a regulation our customers can see all the vessels in their fleet that need to be in compliance, with the alternative options they can take. From there they can directly request the class action they need to meet the requirements. This will significantly reduce the time normally spent by staff on administration and the risk of missing key deadlines.”
Compliance Planner is available from 14/06/2021 for all DNV customers with vessels in class. Coverage of Flag State requirements is planned for inclusion in a future update.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine