DNV GL’s Navigator Port technology successfully implemented across Anglo-Eastern’s fleet of more than 600 vessels. Anglo-Eastern is one of the world’s leading ship managers.
Navigator Port software is used everyday on board several thousand ships worldwide for port documentation management, helping mariners negotiate the administrative and regulatory complexities of port clearance and the passage through protected waters.
Captain Pradeep Chawla, Managing Director, QHSE and Training at Anglo-Eastern, commented: “One of the most time-consuming tasks onboard is preparing port documentation. We have brought in Navigator Port to reduce the administrative burden and ensure quality of the reporting. This is especially important on ships where the port of call is not known well in advance.
Capt. Bjørn Høygaard, Chief Executive Officer of Anglo-Eastern, said: “The addition of Navigator Port to our ships is part of our overall digital transformation effort across our fleet. We are evolving our shipboard technologies for the future with smart solutions, and DNV GL’s offering complements our vision for a digitally enhanced fleet.”
Around 1,400 port clearance forms are automatically filled in with ship data and Navigator Port supports compliance with requirements from charterers and port authorities, so the required paperwork can be prepared in a few minutes. The system directly reports to maritime authorities including Electronic Notice of Arrival/Departure (eNOAD) to the United States Coast Guard, and the Electronic Pre-Arrival Notification (ePAN) to the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore.
Furthermore, paperwork can be reduced by up to 90% since Navigator Port includes a database of information about all the world’s ports and terminals based on publications and data from IHS Markit Ports & Terminals Guide, ADMIRALTY List of Radio Signals (Volume 6) and other sources.
Kenneth Vareide, CEO of DNV GL – Digital Solutions, stated: “We’re very pleased about the successful implementation of Navigator Port across the Anglo-Eastern fleet. Navigator Port makes it easier for the crew to report accurately and efficiently, which ultimately means that they can focus on their primary responsibility: safe and sound navigation.”
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine