Attend an exciting workshop on future ship inspections: ”Ship inspection in the future – Safety or certification” with inter alia Jan Fritz Hansen, Thomas Mørk and Øssur Hilduberg among the participants.
In recent five years, the Danish Maritime Authority’s inspections of passenger ships and fishing vessels have undergone major developments. The Danish Maritime Authority organizes and invites to a debate on ship inspection in the future in connection with Danish Maritime Fair.
Will a ship automatically have a good safety level if it is in compliance with the regulations and provisions in force?
According to the Danish Maritime Authority, the answer to this question is both yes and no. However, in connection with inspections it is possible to focus more on safety than is the case today.
At the workshop, the Danish Maritime Authority will present the experience gained during the last five years in connection with our new inspection method. There will also be a discussion forum on the purpose of the inspections and the aim of enhanced on-board safety. In order to have a fruitful and lively debate, the following discussants will take part in the panel discussion:
• Jan Fritz Hansen, Secretariat Director, Island Ferry Secretariat
• Thomas Mørk, Vice President Marine Standards, DFDS A/S
• Peter Hasle, Professor, Aalborg University
• Claus Bo Jenstrup, Naval Architect, DNV GL
• Øssur J. Hilduberg, Head of the Danish Maritime Accident Investigation Board
• Lars G. Nielsen, Director of Ship Survey and Certification, Danish Maritime Authority
• Moderator: Dorthe W.A. Sørensen, Ship Surveyor, Danish Maritime Authority
Shipping News You Would Like:
Latest Shipping News You Would Like:
Get the Latest Maritime News Delivered to Your Inbox!
Our free, fast, and fun newsletter on the global maritime industry, delivered everyday.