The owner of the recently delivered 46-metre Yacht Support PINK SHADOW will deploy her together with his 53.7-metre sailing yacht PINK GIN VI at the upcoming St. Barths Bucket Regatta. A purpose-built Yacht Support with an outstanding operational profile, PINK SHADOW is the first Yacht Support fully dedicated to the superyacht sailing lifestyle.
In September 2019 DAMEN completed the YS 4508 Yacht Support, previously known as JOY RIDER, as a speculative build at its yard in Holland. Following the sale, the DAMEN Yacht Support team supervised owner-specified modifications at the Rybovich yard in Fort Lauderdale.
PINK SHADOW certainly stands out from the crowd with the spectacular custom art on her bow. Immediately following delivery, PINK SHADOW has clocked up more than 11,000 miles to host an owner’s event in South America.
PINK SHADOW is blazing the trail for large sailing yacht operations – from logistical support to unforgettable parties on board – allowing the owner to fully enjoy PINK GIN VI, built by Baltic Yachts, just as he envisioned.
“PINK SHADOW highlights a whole new approach to luxury cruising under sail,” says Managing Director Rose Damen. “With a Yacht Support like PINK SHADOW, owners can enjoy the true sailing experience and racing performance, while also enjoying top capability for guest services, equipment and storage. We wish her owner and guests many unforgettable journeys with this innovative combination.”
PINK SHADOW boosts the owner’s capability with:
- Two large tenders up to 10 metres for guest transfers, exploration and cruising support – for example checking water depth ahead of the sailing yacht
- Land Rover Defender on aft deck
- Removing significant weight from the mother yacht for regatta race performance
- Storage with below deck equipment, cool, freeze and petrol stores, plus on-deck container storage for race gear, sails and rigging
- Accommodation for extra guests, staff and non-sailing crew, including guest lounge and Bridge Deck aft outdoor area for watching the racing
- Entertaining and hosting parties for 200 guests
- Extra laundry and galley services
- Flexible arrangement of toys as desired: submarine, jetskis, sailing boats
- Helicopter transfers
- Huge fresh water tanks (and extra watermakers) and additional fuel tanks
- Garbage and waste water storage for zero-discharge operations
DAMEN currently has 17 Yacht Support vessels delivered or in build. The DAMEN Yacht Support range offers clients purpose-built support capability without compromising luxury spaces on the mother yacht.
Shipping News You Would Like:
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Latest Shipping News You Would Like:
Get the Latest Maritime News Delivered to Your Inbox!
Our free, fast, and fun newsletter on the global maritime industry, delivered everyday.