Damen Trading’s story begins in 1986, with Damen Shipyards Group responding to growing market demand for used vessels. Since then, Damen Trading has gone on to sell over 500 used vessels, right across the maritime spectrum, developing along the way a reputation for personalised, reliable service.
The decision to establish Damen Trading was a logical one, says Senior Sales Manager Michel Radjiman “With Damen Marine Services already operating its own charter fleet, from the outset we had a lot of operational knowledge in-house. This helped us provide sound consultation to our clients, guiding them through the process of purchasing the right vessel for their requirements.”
Mr Radjiman says every sale is unique. The more than 500 vessels Damen Trading has sold to date have included offerings as varied as high-tech passenger catamarans and common river ferries to Damen Pushy Cats and large ASD Tugs. And, with the company’s international footprint, the diversity is guaranteed.
The personal touch
Damen Trading has always delivered a very personalised service to its clients, believing, like the Damen Shipyards Group generally, in the importance of developing relationships for the long term. Mr Radjiman explains: “We have managed to create a large network of owners and clients who return to us time and again when they need to buy or sell a vessel. In this way we have developed the kind of partnership with our customers where trust and mutual respect are strong features, to the benefit of both parties.”
As part of this personal approach, Damen Trading’s Sales Managers and Sales Support team is there to assist clients with everything, be it the drawing up of sales documentation, conducting surveys, or simply arranging transportation necessary for viewing a vessel.
The brokerage business has changed enormously since 1986 when Damen Trading started out with just telex, a fax machine and a telephone. With the arrival of the internet, everyone can become a vessel broker. But, as Mr Radjiman points out, not everyone has the track record of Damen Trading. “Coupled with the personal service, in which we take so much pride, we also have the experience to guide our clients throughout the entire sales process, from the initial first step to final delivery – and beyond. This is what makes the difference!”
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine