On 10 July DAMEN launched its latest vessel NEW FRONTIERS – a new evolution in the Dutch shipbuilder’s Yacht Support range. For the first time, the 55-metre vessel debuts dedicated Owner and guest accommodation plus a host of yachting enhancements that distinguish the YS 5009 from its predecessors.
The exciting new build is scheduled for delivery in September and has been confirmed to appear at the Monaco Yacht Show from 27 – 30 September.
NEW FRONTIERS will take her Owner into new territory with a combination of adventure and superyacht support functions, explains Commercial Director Rose Damen.
“NEW FRONTIERS is ripping up the rule book. It’s still a Yacht Support vessel, but you can’t put this vessel into one category or another – and that reflects exactly the wishes of our clients. They want their holiday to be about freedom and spontaneity – NEW FRONTIERS makes that possible. Whether it’s a weekend dive adventure trip away from their superyacht or enjoying two locations at once linked by helicopter, it’s all about unforgettable experiences and freedom. We’re very excited to introduce NEW FRONTIERS in Monaco.”
DAMEN is now the established leader in the rapidly developing superyacht support vessel niche. In total 11 DAMEN Yacht Support vessels have been delivered or are in build.
DAMEN Product Director Mark Vermeulen comments: “A Yacht Support vessel offers superyacht owners more luxury yachting fun than ever, but at a much lower Total Cost of Ownership than acquiring more capability with a larger yacht. Plus, they get all the benefits of flexible operations, straightforward maintenance and privacy. That’s why we call it the Smart Stretch.”
While NEW FRONTIERS shares its semi-displacement DAMEN Sea Axe platform with previous Yacht Support vessels like FAST & FURIOUS Damen’s design team have raised the bar with a new layout and hundreds of enhanced yachting features.
NEW FRONTIERS key features
- Owner Suite on Main Deck
- A total of 3 suites accommodating 6 guests
- Lounge and dining approx. 30 square metres
- Sun Deck approx. 50 square metres
- Aft Adventure Centre with large stores/dive and sports centre
- Extra accommodation for 4 staff, pilots, security, guides
- Helipad and Main Deck area of approx. 190 square metres with standard fittings for modular tender cradles and containers (Total deck area 240 square metres)
- Reduced draught for operations in shallow waters
- Low noise and vibrations in guest areas
- Updated installations for smooth marina operations
- Enhanced yachting AV and navigation systems
- Performance knuckle-boom deck crane with capacity of 12 tonnes (6 tonnes at 11.50-metre outreach)
- Technically ready for A-frame installation (to launch and retrieve submersibles)
- Length 55.30 metres (181 ft)
- Beam 9 metres
- Draught 3.20 metres
- Gross Tonnage 496
- Speed 20 knots
- Range 5,000 nautical miles
- Helicopter 3,700 kg maximum take-off weight