The World Health Organization has developed two (free access) e-learning courses:
“Promoting public health measures in response to COVID-19 on cargo ships and fishing vessels”.
The link for the course is: https://extranet.who.int/hslp/training/course/view.php?id=344
At the end of this course, the learner would be able to describe the public health measures that may protect seafarers throughout their journey to the vessel, on the vessel, and on the way home; and prevent and manage an outbreak of COVID-19 disease on board a cargo ship or fishing vessel.
Target audience: seafarers, shipowners, unions and associations, and competent authorities for health and transport.
“Operational considerations for managing COVID-19 cases and outbreaks on board ships”.
The link for the course is: https://extranet.who.int/hslp/training/enrol/index.php?id=326&lang=en
At the end of this course, learners should be able to:
- Draft an outbreak management plan for managing COVID-19 cases and outbreaks onboard ships;
- Manage an outbreak of COVID-19 disease on board a ship;
- Perform follow-up epidemiological and environmental investigation.
- National IHR Focal Points
- Port health authorities (PHAs) and local, provincial, and national health surveillance and response systems
- Ship operators and port operators