CMA CGM Group, a leading worldwide shipping Group, is pleased to announce the signature of an agreement between CMA CGM and Container Finance Ltd Oy pursuant to which the container shipping and logistics business Containerships (and Container Finance’s holdings in Multi-Link Terminals Ltd and CD Holding Oy) will become part of the CMA CGM Group. The Finnish company is specialized in the intra-European market and will strengthen CMA CGM’s intra-European offer.
This transaction remains subject to approval by the relevant authorities.
An offer complementary to CMA CGM’s service offering
Founded in 1966, Containerships is an Intra-European Shortsea specialist with a strong presence in the Baltic market, Russia, Northern Europe, North Africa and Turkey. With a workforce of 560 people, Containerships offers its customers a complete range of services, as well as logistics solutions by ship, truck, rail and barges.
Containerships’ network will efficiently complement CMA CGM and its affiliate MacAndrews’ service offering in North Europe and the Mediterranean. Containerships will take delivery of four LNG-fueled vessels between August 2018 and January 2019.
The strengthening of CMA CGM’s strategy on the intra-regional market
CMA CGM Group is already present on the intra-regional market through its subsidiaries: CNC in Intra Asia, Mercosul, one of the leading players in Brazil’s domestic container shipping market, Sofrana, a key player in the Pacific Islands regional maritime trade, or MacAndrews in Europe.
The acquisition of Containerships will strengthen even more the development strategy implemented by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM Group’s Chairman and CEO, aimed at densifying the Group’s regional network.
Press Release: cma-cgm.com
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine