Carnival Cruise Line announced that Carnival Horizon will be the name of its new 133,500-ton ship scheduled to be delivered in March 2018.
Currently under construction at Fincantieri’s shipyard in Marghera, Italy, Carnival Horizon will be the line’s second Vista-class ship, with the namesake vessel in the series, Carnival Vista, having entered service in May 2016.
Carnival Horizon will offer many of the hugely popular indoor and outdoor dining, bar, entertainment and activity options available on Carnival Vista including SkyRide, the IMAX Theatre, WaterWorks aqua park, Seuss at Sea program in partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises and Alchemy Bar. There will also be a number of new innovations unique to this vessel.
In addition, Carnival Horizon will offer a wide range of accommodation categories, including the popular Havana staterooms and extra-roomy Family Harbor cabins. Homeport and itinerary details for Carnival Horizon will be announced at a later date.
With Carnival Horizon’s name and layout designed to inspire guests to discover extraordinary views, new perspectives and amazing experiences, Carnival is hosting a fun social media contest on Instagram that will award a stateroom for up to four people when the ship debuts in 2018. To enter, post your favorite photo of a horizon and tag @Carnival and use the hashtag #CarnivalHorizonSweepstakes to enter to win the cruise giveaway. The contest will begin July 29, and run through July 31, at 11:59 p.m.
“The name Carnival Horizon not only reflects the ship’s unique connection with the sea with so many spectacular indoor and outdoor spaces but also the boundless array of options that guests of all ages are sure to enjoy,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “And in keeping with our reputation for bringing fun and enjoyment to our guests and fans, we’ve come up with an engaging social media contest encouraging the sharing of your favorite Horizon photos,” she added.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine