In a recent piracy incident that happened off the coast of Lagos, Captain and one other crew member of the Seatrade reefer ship – WATER PHOENIX bearing the IMO number 9045168, has been kidnapped by the pirates.
As per the reports, the ship spotted pirate boats and started to do evasive maneuvering. However, the pirates were successful in boarding the ship.
It is assumed that the rest of the crew were able to retreat and lock themselves safely in the citadel and the ship is currently drifting.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine