Bureau Veritas, a leader in risk management across the gas supply chain, has issued a broad swathe of approvals to GTT (Gaztransport & Technigaz), an expert in membrane containment systems and LNG technology applications.
Bureau Veritas experts have been working with GTT to approve two new containment systems: the Mark III Flex+, an evolution of the Mark III® but with a lower boil-off rate (BOR), and the GTT MARS™, a containment system developed for LPG carriers that is adaptable to any size of tank or ship.
Approval in Principle (AiP) has been provided for a 6,500 cbm bunker barge (jointly developed between DSEC and GTT) and the AiP for the design of a 180,000 cbm LNG carrier is being finalized. Both demonstrate GTT’s move beyond containment technology systems to full ship design.
Additional AiPs have been granted for:
- A solution for vapour pocket management allowing LNG carriers, in compliance with the revised IGC Code, to operate with an increased filling limit (above 98%).
- GTT’s NO96 pressurization system evolution to provide enhanced maintenance flexibility and safety.
- Reduced cooling down features of both the NO96 and Mark III® systems to improve cargo operations.
Matthieu de Tugny, COO, Bureau Veritas Marine & Offshore: ‘These approvals are helping GTT expand the range and depth of their technologies. The increasing sophistication of containment systems and expansion of their application – as in CMA CGM’s breakthrough order for large containerships with membrane tanks – is driving the adoption and development of gas transportation and LNG as a marine fuel as well supporting the marine gas trades.’
Philippe Berterottière, Chairman and CEO, GTT: ‘We are very pleased to be granted these approvals by Bureau Veritas with whom GTT has a very close partnership for decades. We have demonstrated the reliability of our latest developments and their ability to meet the owners’ requirements. I believe these new systems and designs will help the shipping industry to move forward and reduce the ecological footprint.’
Press Release: Bureau Veritas
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships