ASV Global, the leading manufacturer of unmanned and autonomous surface vehicle technology, is to design and build six brand new Unmanned Surface Vehicles (USVs) for SeaTrepid DeepSea.
The vehicles will be used in a multiple autonomous vehicle program developed by SeaTrepid DeepSea combining USVs and Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) to conduct wide area, high-resolution surveys.
Derivatives of the established ‘C-Worker’ range of ASV Global platforms, the new bespoke ‘SeaWorkers’ will each be fitted with an acoustic underwater positioning system to track the AUVs throughout shallow and ultra-deep waters. Using USVs to track the AUVs brings a step change in operational efficiencies with significant cost savings compared to using a traditional ship.
Dan Hook, Managing Director, ASV Global said “We are delighted to be supplying six new USVs into this ground-breaking project. The SeaWorkers have been designed specifically as a ruggedized workboat, capable of carrying large payloads and handling varying weather conditions and water depths. The ASView™ Control System will allow for the reliable and safe operation of the six vehicles”.
Jake Klara, Commercial Manager, SeaTrepid DeepSea said “The USV’s are a vital piece of the Multiple Autonomous Vehicle Program allowing for tracking and communication between the AUVs and Host Surface Vessel (HSV). Having a quality USV developed by the leading manufacturer was essential for us to produce successful results to our clients.”
The 7.6m long ‘SeaWorkers’ are being built at ASV Global’s production facility in Portchester, UK before undergoing sea trials and being shipped to SeaTrepid’s base in Louisiana, USA.
ASV Global is a world leader in autonomous marine technology. In just six years, ASV Global has produced more than 80 vehicles and developed more than 30 different payload packages. Products are available for lease and purchase alongside comprehensive support and training packages. The company has also converted numerous existing vessels to operate autonomously. With offices in the UK, US and Brazil, ASV Global’s 70+ employees support commercial, scientific, and military clients across the globe.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships