The construction of Acta Marine’s third walk-to-work vessel and second Ulstein SX195 design is progressing well and has reached complete hull beam at Crist shipyard in Poland. Acta Marine is pleased and proud to announce that the vessel will sail under the name ACTA CENTAURUS.
The vessel is named after the constellation Centaurus which is one of the largest constellations in the sky. It represents the centaur, the half man, half horse creature in Greek mythology. The vessel will continue the success of her sister vessel ACTA AURIGA regarding workability, in-field agility, offshore logistics and comfort on board for 120 persons. Due to continuous improvements in Acta’s fleet regarding fuel consumption, the vessel will be equipped with a hybrid battery pack. In addition, ACTA CENTAURUS will also be equipped with a helideck.
Upon delivery, the ACTA CENTAURUS will join ACTA AURIGA and ACTA ORION and as such form the third vessel in the Acta fleet dedicated for walk-to-work, offshore logistics and accommodation services for a variety of clients in the offshore renewable industry.
The completed hull is expected to be towed from of Crist, Poland to Ulsteinvik, Norway end November 2018. Thereafter Ulstein Verft will complete the outfitting of the vessel and the installation of the SMST provided mission equipment – motion compensated gangway and 3D crane. Delivery of Acta Marine’s ACTA CENTAURUS is slated for Q2 2019.
Acta Marine will be present at Wind Energy Hamburg in Hamburg from 25 till 28 September. Feel free to drop by our stand B7.470.01 where we will be happy to tell you all about our ACTA CENTAURUS and other vessels and services and explain why we are the trusted marine support provider.
Press Release: actamarine.com
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine