Wednesday May 22nd, Mrs. Marianne van Oord named the vessel Acta Centaurus. Centaurus being one of the stellar constellations in the Southern Hemisphere. The ceremony took place in Den Helder with many guests attending the festivities and the tours on board the brand new vessel. Mrs. Van Oord wished Acta Centaurus and her crew and charterers crew safe sailings in supporting the growth of offshore renewable energy.
After taking delivery from Ulstein Verft, Norway end April 2019 Acta Centaurus had her maiden voyage to Den Helder. Currently the vessel is made ready for her first assignment in offshore wind.
Acta Centaurus’ first job has already been successfully completed by providing Dutch energy company ONE-Dyas Walk to Work support for a short maintenance campaign on the M7 Gas platform in the Dutch North Sea. “All systems have shown excellent performance. With great confidence, we move forward to her next assignment” says Rob Boer, Managing Director at Acta Marine.
Acta Centaurus will soon mobilize for the start of her charter with MHI Vestas Offshore Wind to support the installation and commissioning of 33 V164-8.4 MW MHI Vestas turbines at the Deutsche Bucht offshore wind farm in the German Exclusive Zone.
Acta Centaurus is a sister vessel of Acta Marine’s Acta Auriga which has been delivered in 2018 and has worked non-stop on the BARD1 Offshore Wind Farm. The successful concept has resulted in the addition of the second Ulstein built vessel. These vessels are jointly developed with Ulstein SX195 design features, an SMST 2D-compensated gangway, and a 6 ton 3D-crane as well as the special Ulstein X-BOW and X-STERN that optimize the overall seakeeping and workability of the vessel. The vessel has a 120 persons capacity and a helideck. In addition, Acta Centaurus will be outfitted with a hybrid battery package to further reduce fuel consumption and with that contribute to a lower CO2 footprint.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Captain Falls Overboard From Bulk Carrier, Survived 3 Days By Clinging To Wood
- Two Tanker Ships Carrying Palm Oil Seized By Indonesian Navy
- Filipino Seaman Pleads Guilty In Crew Member’s Murder On LA-Bound Cargo Vessel
- Ship Owner And Operator Plead Guilty To Environmental And Safety Crimes; Fined $1 Million Each