ABS has published guidance on improving data quality in the latest stage of its commitment to guiding the marine and offshore industries’ adoption of digital technologies.
The ABS Advisory on Data Quality for Marine and Offshore Application − Transactional Data sets out a systematic and consistent data quality assurance and control methodology to assess, secure and continuously improve transactional data quality.
Together with the ABS Advisory on Data Quality for Marine and Offshore Application – Time Series Data, the Advisory provides a comprehensive framework and guidance on data quality assessment, monitoring, and enhancement in marine and offshore applications.
“High-quality data is the essential ingredient for high-quality analytics. As the marine and offshore industries have entered an era of digital transformation, managing data quality is a vital component of a data-driven analytics journey. ABS is leading the way in marine digitalization and data techniques and this latest advisory in the series is evidence of how we are supporting the industry in the safe application of this technology,” said Patrick Ryan, ABS Senior Vice President, Global Engineering and Technology.
Data quality assessment and improvement require not only an in-depth understanding of the data and data quality but domain support as well. To tackle the above issues, the Advisory introduces an adaptable data quality management process built upon ISO 8000-61 and ISO 14224. It provides a holistic approach to managing transactional data.
Download a copy of the ABS Advisory on Data Quality for Marine and Offshore Application − Transactional Data here.
Download a copy of the ABS Advisory on Data Quality for Marine and Offshore Application – Time Series Data here.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships