ABS granted Approval in Principle (AIP) to Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding’s 174,000m3 GTT MARK III Flex LNG Carrier strengthening their position as China’s premier LNG Shipbuilder.
“ABS is pleased to award Hudong-Zhonhua this AIP for their design to help meet the industry’s diversifying LNG shipping requirements, in this growing segment,” said Vassilios Kroustallis, Vice President Europe Regional Business Development, ABS. “ABS continues to review advanced LNG designs, drawing on our extensive experience in safe handling, storage and transport of gas.”
“Working with ABS through the AIP process we have demonstrated our ability to meet our clients’ requirements for more efficient LNG vessel design,” said, Chi Benbing, Vice President, Hudong-Zhonghua. “
Through this partnership with ABS, Hudong-Zhonghua can now offer its clients designs using both GTT membrane containment systems, MARK III Flex and NO 96 series. This allows Hudong-Zhonghua to use different kinds of cargo containment systems to best meet their clients’ diversified requirements throughout the LNG carrier’s life.
Press Release: ww2.eagle.org
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine