ABS Director of Business Development, Seyfettin Tatli, and other ABS team members were invited by SANMAR’s Founder & Honorary President, Mr. Orhan Gürün, to celebrate its 150th ABS-classed tugboat delivery and to honor ABS Senior Surveyor, Mehmet Kantarceken, for classing the 100th tugboat in SANMAR’s Shipyard in Istanbul.
Gürün presented an honorary plaque to Kantarçeken during a limited-attendance ceremony hosted by SANMAR with COVID-19 protocols in place. SANMAR, recognized for tugboat innovation globally, has developed the first hydromechanical hybrid tug by integrating ADVANCE VARIABLE DRIVE (AVD) technology in the tugboat – the 100th project that Kantarçeken has supervised.
Kantarçeken, known affectionately by SANMAR and other local colleagues as “The Tug Father,” was elated that his 100th project was the world’s first hydraulic hybrid tugboat. “I believe that we will build a large number of many technologically advanced and high-quality tugboats with this innovation as we have done with SANMAR so far.”
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine