At 10:50 on September 21, the Ningbo Maritime Department received a report informing them of the collision that had occurred along the coast of Xiangshan, Ningbo.
Due to the collision accident, the ship named “Shenghang 189” was sinking and urgently needed help. The report said that “Shenghang 189” and “Zhexiang Yuyun 03123” were in the waters north of Tantou Mountain which was positioned approximately: 29 degrees 15 minutes north latitude, 122 degrees 05 longitude Points.
As soon as they received the report, the maritime department jumped into action and promptly activated the emergency plan.
Maritime Department of the nearby area- Ningbo Xiangshan immediately dispatched “Hai Xun 07129” and “Hai Xun 0717” to the scene of the collision to execute the emergency response work and also guided the crew to do self-rescue work through VHF and telephone.
At 11:30 noon, “Hai Xun 07129” overcame the impact of wind and waves, arrived at the accident site first, quickly carried out rescue of personnel. They also did a thorough danger inspection and on-site alert work.
Following the Hai Xun 07129, the “Hai Xun 0717” boat arrived at 13:02, and successfully rescued and transferred the 6 crew members. They arrived at Xiangshan Shipu on 14:40 in the afternoon of the same day. Currently, none of the survivors is injured and all 6 crew members are in good physical condition.
The Maritime Department reminded that fishing in the East China Sea is currently in full swing, and a large number of fishing boats are operating in the same area. They pleaded everyone to “Please pay attention to watch and drive carefully to avoid collisions.”
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine