A cargo ship has capsized in the Castello port in Spain which has rendered 2 people missing and a search team involving 150 people have started looking for them. 3 injured people from the cargo ship have been admitted to La Plana General Hospital, revealed the PortCastelló authorities.
A 46-year-old Spanish man who has been seriously injured is in the ICU while another 31 year old injured is being treated in the emergency room. Another Spanish national is being handled by the emergency services however he hasn’t been hospitalized for treatment as his injuries aren’t grave.
At present, a search team of more than 150 people comprising of personnel from the Castellón Provincial Firefighters Consortium and municipal firefighters, rescue divers, emergency personnel, Civil Guard, port police, tugboats, Red Cross and Maritime Rescue are on the lookout for the missing.
Of the 2 missing people, one is part of the Nazmiye Ana crew while the other is from the Stevedoring Service. The ship was loading containers at the Centenario dock when it capsized.
Since the accident, the ship is lying in keel position. The reason behind the accident hasn’t been found yet. So far, the authorities are unaware of the tonnage of the vessel.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships